Please consider joining the new Charlottesville Area Massage Therapy Consortium Google Group. This will allow members of the bodywork community to post to the group using just an e-mail address. People may join or leave the group at will. For more information email: email@example.com
If you are a massage therapist and are interested in joining the Charlottesville Area Massage Therapy Consortium—free of charge and/or obligation—please provide contact information to Cecilia Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/voice to 814-571-9234 for more details.
This is a completely voluntary association, formed with the intent of joining together professional massage therapists in the area for the very simple goals of sharing information, networking to strengthen our referral lists, and mentoring new therapists on an informal basis.
There are no fees, no regular meetings, no drain on your time—just the opportunity to meet with your colleagues and to get to know other therapists in the area! The group is open to all certified therapists in good standing, whether insured independently, or via the AMTA or ABMP—affiliation does not matter; all are welcome!
Important information on Virginia response to COVID-19
- ABMP back to practice guidelines
- AMTA financial resources for massage therapists http://va.wp.amtamassage.org/covid-19-financial-resources-for-massage-therapists/
As of January 2022, the following massage therapy professionals are members of the CAMTC, listed in alphabetical order. Therapists marked with an asterisk (*) are not accepting new clients at the moment.
If you are a person seeking a massage therapist, please feel free to contact any of the therapists on the list below, being aware that not all therapists listed are actively taking new clients at the moment.
If you would like to contact the entire list with a massage opportunity, contact Cecilia Mills at email@example.com
- Katherine Alamilla, LMT — simplyskincville.com— Holistic esthetician since 2004 and massage therapist since 2005. I incorporate different modalities including swedish, deep tissue, trigger point, hot stones, cupping, craniosacral and more to create a customized massage to meet an individual's needs. I also bring my love of herbalism and skincare into my practice using house made, small batch organic oils. Phone 434-989-4736 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Allred-Jackson— Zero Balancer and Zero Balancing Educator. Call 434-806-1400 or email email@example.com.
- Christina Anderson— christinaanderson.massagetherapy.com— I have been a massage therapist since 2007. I love working with women (fertility, prenatal, and postpartum care), couples massage/group events, and am available for outcalls. I combine Swedish and deep tissue techniques to create customized massage to meet individual needs. I also love incorporating essential oils! Phone 434-249-8259. Email: ChristinaAndersonMT@gmail.com
- Beth Ann Bartley,CMT—Therapeutic massage, specializing in myofascial release. Office at 1110 Rosehill Dr. Suite 100, Charlottesville 22903 or contact Beth at 434-409-9345. Email: Babsmail65@gmail.com
- Christine Davis Bostic— https://www.christinedavismassage.com/— Deep Tissue, Zero Balancing, Swedish, offered with a caring and clear presence. Phone 434-987-5657
- Suzanne Bovenizer, CMT,CST,RIYT— www.suzannebovenizer.com— specializing in Aromatherapy Massage; advanced CranioSacral Therapy; Somato-Emotional Release work; Reiki; Pediatric CST; TMJ Release work, end of life support, and Restorative Yoga instruction. With over 30 years in the healing arts profession, I bring an eclectic range of therapeutic healing modalities to my sessions, tailoring my work to the client. Office is located at The Legend Building, 620 Woodbrook Dr, C’ville 22901. 434-984-0764, call for an appointment.
- *Dolores Brandolo, CMT— Touchstone Massage services, offering in-office and mobile services Monday – Saturday by appointment, including therapeutic table and chair massage and instruction on infant massage for parents and caregivers. The office is fully accessible, and is located at 681 Berkmar Court, #6, Charlottesville, VA, 22901. Contact via 434-607-7400 voice/text or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Janice Cartwright, CMT—Providing therapeutic massage for relaxation, health maintenance, & for those with chronic health challenges. Skilled at providing gentle. comforting, nurturing touch during difficult times such as illness, caretaker fatigue, death, & the bereavement process. Using primarily MyoFascial Release (MFR), Swedish, & Deep Tissue Massage techniques. Office visits by appointment at the Unity Holistic Healing Center (UHHC), a service of Unity of Charlottesville, located at 2823 Hydraulic Circle, Charlottesville, VA 22901; home visits for persons with mobility limitations. Call 540-471-9027 for an appointment.
- JoAnn Christy, CMT—providing therapeutic and relaxation massage in Charlottesville via private practice and community outreach programs since 2001. JoAnn is certified in The Schatz Technique for Chronic Pain™, which addresses the specific areas of body pain as well as surrounding tissues that have had to compensate for either injury or weakness. Sessions of 1-2 hours duration will be tailored specifically for you. More information at www.CharlottesvilleMassageTherapy.com or via free phone consultation at 434-882-0380.
- Common Ground Healing Arts —a nonprofit offering massage on a sliding scale. We have a variety of licensed and experienced massage therapists ranging in technique and style. We also offer acupuncture, yoga and meditation on a sliding scale. We are located in downtown C-ville on the second floor of the Jefferson School City Center (233 4th St NW) with plenty of free parking. Call 434-218-7677 or visit www.commongroundcville.org to make an appointment.
- C. JeAnne Frey, CMT/LMT— Treat Yourself Right! Massage & Bodywork offers therapeutic true deep tissue massage as well as aromatherapy, Circuitry Alignment (sm), and Heart Thread(sm). All sessions are individually tailored. 2300 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 101-1, Charlottesville, 22901. By appointment only. Online scheduling and all forms of payment accepted. Phone: 434-989-8364
- Jacob Gansneder, LMT — MassagebyJacob.com— Certified Lymphedema Therapist • G-Jo Acupressure Master• NCBTMB • AMTA Specializing Manual Lymphatic Drainage: Post surgical and lymphedema; Sports & Injury Massage, Myofascial Release, Deep Tissue & Acupressure. Out-call massage for those with mobility issues. Available to plan and partner with other therapists for couples massage, corporate/ group events. Phone or text: 434-981-4968 or email: Jacob@massagebyjacob.com
- *Becky Getz, CMT, RN—Coordinator of the Martha Jefferson Hospital massage therapy team, and provider of therapeutic massage to private clients by appointment only: phone 757-270-1241 .
- Sarah M. Handley, CMT, NCTMB— Fire & Water; Therapeutic Massage & Thai Healing Arts. – Massage Therapy and Thai Healing Arts—contact via cell 434-962-2532 or email email@example.com —located as a part of Shala, 800 East High Street, First Floor/Main Entrance, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
- Lucia Kaestner, CMT— retired from Peaceful Therapeutic Massage - by appointment only—providing outcall services and office sessions—Services include Aromatherapy and Swedish, deep tissue, hot stone, and lymphatic drainage— 434-960-2698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ernie Kidd, CMT— Championstablemassage.com specialized in deep tissue, myo-fascial, Therapeutic and sports massage for the competitive or recovering athlete and their soul. Ernie "the" Kidd. Website: www.championstablemassage.com
- Amanda Lamb, CMT—HealingHands Therapeutic Massage providing therapeutic services to Charlottesville, Greene, Madison and Orange County. Offices located in Greene County and in Charlottesville. Specialties include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Reflexology and Core Stone massage. Phone 434-906-7726 or email email@example.com Website: relax.greenecountymassage.com.
- Darlene Leon, CMT, RN—Therapeutic Massage— Providing office services in Charlottesville: phone 434-989-4729 or email DarleneL2001@aol.com
- Virginia Linder, CMT—Providing a combination of massage and Zero balancing techniques to help clients achieve their relaxation goals. Working with clients who have hand and wrist issues is also a special area of interest. Office sessions available by appointment at 800 East Jefferson Street, Charlottesville, VA and at Common Ground Healing Arts in Charlottesville on Thursday evenings. For more information, contact 434-242-8083 voice/text or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Katrina Lindholm, CMT
- Amanda Madison, LMT—My business name is Body Harmony and my website is www.BodyHarmonyLMT.com. I can also be found on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. My phone number is 254-383-8216 and I am located at 1713D Allied Lane.
- Alexa Matthews CMT— Timeless Massage Therapy and Training: Timeless Massage Therapy and Training: working with you at all stages of life. Therapeutic, oncology and geriatric massage services, in-office by appointment only at 302 Hickman Rd, Suite 201, Charlottesville 22911. Phone 434-987-5128 or email alexa@TimelessMT.com.
- *Pat Meyer-Peterson, CMT —Listening Hands: Providing Zero Balancing, Shiatsu, Polyvagal work, Massage, and workshops in Sensory Awareness. Office at 901 Preston Ave, Suite 202, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Call 434-996-1940 for an appointment or email email@example.com
- Leena Rose Miller—The Charlottesville Wellness Center— Medical Intuitive, Energy Medicine. Phone 434.305.6815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Distance appointments available now by phone or Zoom; office, home, hospital available when restrictions are lifted.
- Cecilia Mills, LMT—certified and licensed in acupressure/Shiatsu and Swedish massage. She specializes in pressure points for for pain relief in a relaxing environment, Shiatu/Swedish Massage, Jin Shin Jyutsu and Zero Balancing. More information at www.calmingpoints.com Located at 1114 E. High Street. For an appointment, call 814-571-9234 or email email@example.com or online schedule timecenter.com/calmingpoints
- Kirby Moore—Offering Therapeutic Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Shamanic Hot Stones, and Somatic Experiencing treatments, along with Integrated Sessions. He has been practicing bodywork for the past 17 years and specializes in working with difficult to treat, chronic issues like migraines, chronic tension, stiffness, anxiety and more. Office visits by appointment only at the Long Tide Wellness Collective near the corner of Market St and Meade Ave. Home visits available for additional fee. Call or text 434-465-0603 or visit www.mkirbymoore.com for an appointment; you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristina Muldoon— www.moondancermedicinals.com. Tap in to your body's natural healing processes with Moon Dancer Medicinals hand-crafted health & wellness products, THC-free CBD pain-relief and spa products. I started with the simple idea of bringing the very best from me to you. I put a lot of love and careful thought into all I do. I care about you. I care about your well-being. And I care about your health and healing. I hope you enjoy all I have to offer, and share the experience with others. Email: email@example.com
- Tammy Mundy, CMT (retired)—Specializing in pain relief and deep relaxation for health and well-being. Integrated therapeutic massage using a variety of techniques customized to each individual. Swedish/ Deep Tissue, Neuro-muscular, Hot Stones, Craniosacral, Prenatal, Couples, and select Spa services. More information at www.SeaRhythms.com, 434-409-3817
- Jane Neldon, LMT—Providing relaxing Swedish massage, therapeutic Deep Tissue massage, and restorative Oncology massage therapy sessions at her Charlottesville private practice, Commonwealth Massage Therapy, LLC. A Preferred Practitioner with the Society for Oncology Massage since 2014. At this time, Jane is only accepting new clients who are seeking Oncology Massage Therapy sessions. Visit www.commonwealthmt.com for more information on services and scheduling. 434-218-0248
- OverSoul Healing Center—We are an Eco-friendly, Woman-owned Healing Center specializing in Therapeutic Massage & Corrective Bodywork, MyoFascial & Detox Cupping Therapy, Prenatal Massage, Reflexology, Reiki Energy Healing, Chakra Balancing, Sound Healing, Aromatherapy and more. Visit oversoulhealingcenter.com for more information on services and scheduling. Phone 757-809-6091; email Oversoulhealingcenter@gmail.com. Located at 1010 Ednam Center, Suite 203 & 204, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Franciska Pocanic, CMT—Providing office and outcall services in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. Call 434-981-1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Joanna Rudnick—Joanna's approach to massage therapy creates a unique experience, tailored to each client's needs. With a foundation in Swedish massage, Joanna incorporates elements of deep tissue, sports, trigger point, and craniosacral therapies. Deeply committed to lifelong learning, Joanna holds a bachelor's in dance from Northwestern University and a master's in social service administration from the University of Chicago in addition to being a graduate of the Chicago School of Massage Therapy. Visit for more information. Call 847-644-6925 or email email@example.com
- Sandra Savine— www.sandrasavine.com: Zero balancing practitioner and teacher. 1650 State Farm Blvd, Charlottesville 22911. Phone 434-390-0808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- *Dee Walsh, CMT, RN— Retired from DeeCompression Therapeutic Massage Servicess– formerly providing therapeutic massage for injury rehabilitation and health maintenance using MyoFascial Release (MFR), and Swedish and deep tissue massage techniques. 434-242-4887 or email email@example.com.
- Sam Weisner— Exhale Bodywork —Thai Yoga massage and Deep Tissue massage. Bodywork Offerings: All offerings can be adjusted to fit your needs. Each massage comes with aromatherapy. All products are hypoallergenic and fair trade. Therapeutic Massage: Whether your goals are relaxation, pain relief, or restoring mobility, this massage is tailored just for you and your needs. Sam provides her signature blend of modalities, including myofascial release, deep tissue, trigger point, acupressure, craniosacral therapy, and reiki energy healing. http://exhalebodywork.com/, Phone and text 434-373-0613. Located at 1717 Allied Ln #2B, Suite 3, Charlottesville VA. (McIntire Plaza)
- Kate White— Belvedere Integrated Healing Arts — Center for Prenatal and Perinatal Programs, Prenatal and Perinatal Online Healing Center, Podcast: A More Beautiful Life. 434-996-2002 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email Cecilia. Please note that spam filters can be problematic—I respond to ALL valid inquiries, so if you don't get a response, please try again, or phone me: 814-571-9234.
Links to notes from previous meetings can be found below for your reference:
Mar 29, 2019
Aug 15, 2018 Jan 29, 2018
Sep 15 & Jun 22, 2017 May 3, 2017 Mar 23, 2017 Feb 01, 2017
Nov 30, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 Aug 5, 2016 Jun 2 & Feb 18, 2016
Dec 18, 2015 August 7, 2015 April 29, 2015 March 10, 2015 January 29, 2015
November 13, 2014 July 30, 2014 May 2, 2014 February 28, 2014 January 7, 2014
October 24, 2013 September 19, 2013
Last update: 14 January 2022