Please consider joining the new Charlottesville Area Massage Therapy Consortium Google Group. This will allow members of the bodywork community to post to the group using just an e-mail address. People may join or leave the group at will. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are a massage therapist and are interested in joining the Charlottesville Area Massage Therapy Consortium—free of charge and/or obligation—please provide contact information to Cecilia Mills at email@example.com or text/voice to 814-571-9234 for more details.
This is a completely voluntary association, formed with the intent of joining together professional massage therapists in the area for the very simple goals of sharing information, networking to strengthen our referral lists, and mentoring new therapists on an informal basis.
There are no fees, no regular meetings, no drain on your time—just the opportunity to meet with your colleagues and to get to know other therapists in the area! The group is open to all certified therapists in good standing, whether insured independently, or via the AMTA or ABMP—affiliation does not matter; all are welcome!
Important information on Virginia response to COVID-19
- ABMP back to practice guidelines
- AMTA financial resources for massage therapists http://va.wp.amtamassage.org/covid-19-financial-resources-for-massage-therapists/
Announcements of interest to CAMTC members
As of April 2020, the following massage therapy professionals are members of the CAMTC, listed in alphabetical order. Therapists marked with an asterisk (*) are not accepting new clients at the moment.
If you are a person seeking a massage therapist, please feel free to contact any of the therapists on the list below, being aware that not all therapists listed are actively taking new clients at the moment.
If you would like to contact the entire list with a massage opportunity, contact Cecilia Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cynthia Allred-Jackson— Zero Balancer and Zero Balancing Educator. Call 434-806-1400 or email email@example.com.
- Beth Ann Bartley,CMT—Therapeutic massage, specializing in myofascial release. Office at 1110 Rosehill Dr. Suite 100, Charlottesville 22903 or contact Beth at 434-409-9345. Email: Babsmail65@gmail.com
- Christine Davis Bostic— https://www.christinedavismassage.com/— Deep Tissue, Zero Balancing, Swedish, offered with a caring and clear presence. Phone 434-987-5657
- Suzanne Bovenizer, CMT,CST,RIYT— www.suzannebovenizer.com— specializing in Aromatherapy Massage; advanced CranioSacral Therapy; Somato-Emotional Release work; Reiki; Pediatric CST; TMJ Release work, end of life support, and Restorative Yoga instruction. With over 30 years in the healing arts profession, I bring an eclectic range of therapeutic healing modalities to my sessions, tailoring my work to the client. Office is located at The Legend Building, 620 Woodbrook Dr, C’ville 22901. 434-984-0764, call for an appointment.
- Dolores Brandolo, CMT— Touchstone Massage services, offering in-office and mobile services Monday – Saturday by appointment, including therapeutic table and chair massage and instruction on infant massage for parents and caregivers. The office is fully accessible, and is located at 681 Berkmar Court, #6, Charlottesville, VA, 22901. Contact via 434-607-7400 voice/text or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Holly (Hermanson) Carter, LMT—retired from Relief & Wellness Massage Group www.HollyCarter.MassageTherapy.com. In practice since 1993 in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area, Holly and guest therapists offer sessions by appointment only. The massage studio is located on Angus Road in Charlottesville a stone’s throw from Best Buy at the 250 & Emmet Street interchange. Online-scheduling available via website to make/change/cancel your own studio appointments, or contact Holly at 540-406-1111. Email: HollyCarter@MassageTherapy.com
- Janice Cartwright, CMT—Providing therapeutic massage for relaxation, health maintenance, & for those with chronic health challenges. Skilled at providing gentle. comforting, nurturing touch during difficult times such as illness, caretaker fatigue, death, & the bereavement process. Using primarily MyoFascial Release (MFR), Swedish, & Deep Tissue Massage techniques. Office visits by appointment at the Unity Holistic Healing Center (UHHC), a service of Unity of Charlottesville, located at 2823 Hydraulic Circle, Charlottesville, VA 22901; home visits for persons with mobility limitations. Call 540-471-9027 for an appointment.
- JoAnn Christy, CMT—providing therapeutic and relaxation massage in Charlottesville via private practice and community outreach programs since 2001. JoAnn is certified in The Schatz Technique for Chronic Pain™, which addresses the specific areas of body pain as well as surrounding tissues that have had to compensate for either injury or weakness. Sessions of 1-2 hours duration will be tailored specifically for you. More information at www.CharlottesvilleMassageTherapy.com or via free phone consultation at 434-882-0380.
- Common Ground Healing Arts —a nonprofit offering massage on a sliding scale. We have a variety of licensed and experienced massage therapists ranging in technique and style. We also offer acupuncture, yoga and meditation on a sliding scale. We are located in downtown C-ville on the second floor of the Jefferson School City Center (233 4th St NW) with plenty of free parking. Call 434-218-7677 or visit www.commongroundcville.org to make an appointment.
- C. JeAnne Frey, CMT/LMT— www.tyrmassage.com Treat Yourself Right! Massage & Bodywork offers therapeutic true deep tissue massage as well as aromatherapy, Circuitry Alignment (sm), and Heart Thread(sm). All sessions are individually tailored. 2300 Commonwealth Drive, Suite 101-1, Charlottesville, 22901. By appointment only. Online scheduling and all forms of payment accepted. Phone: 434-989-8364
- Becky Getz, CMT, RN—Coordinator of the Martha Jefferson Hospital massage therapy team, and provider of therapeutic massage to private clients by appointment only: phone 757-270-1241.
- Sarah M. Handley, CMT, NCTMB— Fire & Water; Therapeutic Massage & Thai Healing Arts. – Massage Therapy and Thai Healing Arts—contact via cell 434-962-2532 or email email@example.com —located as a part of Shala, 800 East High Street, First Floor/Main Entrance, Charlottesville, VA 22902.
- Lucia Kaestner, CMT— retired from Peaceful Therapeutic Massage - by appointment only—providing outcall services and office sessions—Services include Aromatherapy and Swedish, deep tissue, hot stone, and lymphatic drainage— 434-960-2698 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ernie Kidd, CMT— Championstablemassage.com specialized in deep tissue, myo-fascial, Therapeutic and sports massage for the competitive or recovering athlete and their soul. Ernie "the" Kidd. Website: www.championstablemassage.com
- Amanda Lamb, CMT—HealingHands Therapeutic Massage providing therapeutic services to Charlottesville, Greene, Madison and Orange County. Offices located in Greene County and in Charlottesville. Specialties include Swedish, Deep Tissue, Reflexology and Core Stone massage. Phone 434-906-7726 or email email@example.com Website: relax.greenecountymassage.com.
- Darlene Leon, CMT, RN—Therapeutic Massage— Providing office services in Charlottesville: phone 434-989-4729 or email DarleneL2001@aol.com
- Virginia Linder, CMT—Providing a combination of massage and Zero balancing techniques to help clients achieve their relaxation goals. Working with clients who have hand and wrist issues is also a special area of interest. Office sessions available by appointment at 800 East Jefferson Street, Charlottesville, VA and at Common Ground Healing Arts in Charlottesville on Thursday evenings. For more information, contact 434-242-8083 voice/text or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Katrina Lindholm, CMT
- Amanda Madison, LMT—My business name is Body Harmony and my website is www.BodyHarmonyLMT.com. I can also be found on Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter. My phone number is 254-383-8216 and I am located at 1713D Allied Lane.
- Alexa Matthews CMT— Timeless Massage Therapy and Training: working with you at all stages of life. Therapeutic, oncology and geriatric massage services, in-office by appointment only at 302 Hickman Rd, Suite 201, Charlottesville 22911. Phone 434-987-5128 or email alexa@TimelessMT.com.
- *Pat Meyer-Peterson, CMT —Listening Hands: Providing Zero Balancing, Shiatsu, Polyvagal work, Massage, and workshops in Sensory Awareness. Office at 901 Preston Ave, Suite 202, Charlottesville, VA 22903. Call 434-996-1940 for an appointment or email email@example.com
- Leena Rose Miller—The Charlottesville Wellness Center— Medical Intuitive, Energy Medicine. More information at leenarosesite.com. 434.305.6815 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Distance appointments available now by phone or Zoom; office, home, hospital available when restrictions are lifted.
- Cecilia Mills, LMT—certified and licensed in acupressure/Shiatsu and Swedish massage. She specializes in pressure points for for pain relief in a relaxing environment, Shiatu/Swedish Massage, Jin Shin Jyutsu and Zero Balancing. More information at www.calmingpoints.com Located at 1114 E. High Street. For an appointment, call 814-571-9234 or email email@example.com or online schedule timecenter.com/calmingpoints
- Kirby Moore—Offering Therapeutic Massage, Craniosacral Therapy, Acupressure, Shiatsu, Shamanic Hot Stones, and Somatic Experiencing treatments, along with Integrated Sessions. He has been practicing bodywork for the past 17 years and specializes in working with difficult to treat, chronic issues like migraines, chronic tension, stiffness, anxiety and more. Office visits by appointment only at the Long Tide Wellness Collective near the corner of Market St and Meade Ave. Home visits available for additional fee. Call or text 434-465-0603 or visit www.mkirbymoore.com for an appointment; you can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tammy Mundy, CMT (retired)—Specializing in pain relief and deep relaxation for health and well-being. Integrated therapeutic massage using a variety of techniques customized to each individual. Swedish/ Deep Tissue, Neuro-muscular, Hot Stones, Craniosacral, Prenatal, Couples, and select Spa services. More information at www.SeaRhythms.com, 434-409-3817
- Jane Neldon, LMT—Providing relaxing Swedish massage, therapeutic Deep Tissue massage, and restorative Oncology massage therapy sessions at her downtown Charlottesville private practice, Commonwealth Massage Therapy, LLC. A Preferred Practitioner with the Society for Oncology Massage since 2014. Visit www.commonwealthmt.com for more information on services and scheduling. 434-218-0248
- Franciska Pocanic, CMT—Providing office and outcall services in the Charlottesville/Albemarle area. Call 434-981-1115 or email email@example.com
- Joanna Rudnick—Joanna's approach to massage therapy creates a unique experience, tailored to each client's needs. With a foundation in Swedish massage, Joanna incorporates elements of deep tissue, sports, trigger point, and craniosacral therapies. Deeply committed to lifelong learning, Joanna holds a bachelor's in dance from Northwestern University and a master's in social service administration from the University of Chicago in addition to being a graduate of the Chicago School of Massage Therapy. Visit for more information. Call 847-644-6925 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sandra Savine— www.sandrasavine.com: Zero balancing practioner and teacher. 1650 State Farm Blvd, Charlottesville 22911. Phone 434-390-0808 or email email@example.com.
- *Dee Walsh, CMT, RN— Retired from DeeCompression Therapeutic Massage Servicess– formerly providing therapeutic massage for injury rehabilitation and health maintenance using MyoFascial Release (MFR), and Swedish and deep tissue massage techniques. 434-242-4887 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kate White— Belvedere Integrated Healing Arts — Center for Prenatal and Perinatal Programs, Prenatal and Perinatal Online Healing Center, Podcast: A More Beautiful Life. 434-996-2002 or email email@example.com.
Questions? Email Cecilia. Please note that spam filters can be problematic—I respond to ALL valid inquiries, so if you don't get a response, please try again, or phone me: 814-571-9234.
Links to notes from previous meetings can be found below for your reference:
Mar 29, 2019
Aug 15, 2018 Jan 29, 2018
Sep 15 & Jun 22, 2017 May 3, 2017 Mar 23, 2017 Feb 01, 2017
Nov 30, 2016 Sep 26, 2016 Aug 5, 2016 Jun 2 & Feb 18, 2016
Dec 18, 2015 August 7, 2015 April 29, 2015 March 10, 2015 January 29, 2015
November 13, 2014 July 30, 2014 May 2, 2014 February 28, 2014 January 7, 2014
October 24, 2013 September 19, 2013
Last update: 16 February 2021